It's Time Everywhere
A Masterpiece. A Timepiece.
The Geochron continues to be a symbol of quality precision engineering for more than fifty years.
Geochron Ham Premium Bundle
Starting with the tradition of our mechanical clock’s Grey Line, the Ham Radio Premium Bundle takes planet-wide ionospheric conditions and RF to another level in real-time.
Geochron’s Ham Radio Premium Bundle is only available for Atlas platforms.
Geochron Ham Radio Features
01: DX Cluster and Beacon Activity
Watch global DX and Reverse Beacon traffic traffic by band for traffic in real-time. Up to 12 hours of history by LF, HF, UHF, and VHF bands. Shown with or without callsigns within maidenhead grids. Filter by callsign, or by country ID. Updated every 10 minutes.
02: Solar and Ionospheric Conditions
Review on-screen widgets showing Solar-Terrestrial data, HF and VHF open/close conditions, geomagnetic, solar flare, and aurora forecast.
03: Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF)
On-screen topographical and color heat-map profile of Maximum Usable Frequencies around the world, showing the highest frequency available using ionospheric skip propagation using predictive models from NOAA and the Lowell Global Ionospheric Radio Observatory.
04: ADIF Log and Your Callsign
Upload your ADIF call log to display historical contacts by band, and history. Prominently display your callsign on the map above our logo.
05: AMSAT Satellites
Real-time location, elevation, and speed of linear and FM satellites with selectable line-of-sight footprint on the map.
06: Just way too much data
Each layer can be operated independently, or simultaneously for a mind-blowing display of real-time Ham Radio conditions.
Specifically, for Ham radio use, the Geochron Ham Radio Edition is designed with some unique features such as:
- Compact Fluorescent Lighting (CFL): this kind of Geochron clock operates with only CFL lighting system, which is a little softer in look than the standard LED lighting system that releases a measurable QRM at 7mhz.
- Premium Quality Mapset: In the development of Geochron clocks, for the first time, the use of a unique photographic print process (Lambda) to develop a six foot long Mapset is implemented.
- Specifically, for backlit photographic media, this analogical process is designed to enhance the colour appearance so as to be better than the customary offset print process.
- DX and International Prefixes: there has been an addition of country codes and prefixes to the time zones found on other Geochron clocks on the mapset’s front in resplendent white. The time zones are always indicated in Grey colour.
- The Mapset is also included with:
*The Greyline against a Mercator projection
*The main topographical features
*The equatorial, longitude & latitude, and tropic points of reference
*The Analemma which displays the sun’s location at relative noon.
*The hour, day, and month on earth with the inclusion of Zulu time.
Geochron Ham Radio