A Masterpiece. A Timepiece.
Meticulously handcrafted, the Geochron is a rare fusion of art and science, and the only mechanical geographic chronometer ever made
Geochron Atlas 4K
Enjoy multiple views with geopolitical, topographical, low re and Ham Radio where you can see hundreds of natural and human data points. See mapsets…
Track Satellites, Hubble and the ISS
With the Internet, track the real-time location and trailing vectors of 100s of satellites in orbit.
Watch precipitation, wind speed, temperature, cloud cover, and barometric pressure move across the Earth in real-time.
See worldwide pollution, major transport routes and the earth’s lights at night time. Learn more…
As of 05/2019, our Version 2 software is far faster with rock-solid video signal stability in a high-resolution 4k environment: Learn more
Super Easy Setup
Set up is super easy. Simply plug the HDMI cable in, get your remote and switch it on. With the internet, many more features are enabled. Watch the Set-up Process…
A Worldview in 4K with Satellite Weather
The Geochron Digital Atlas 4K gives viewers beautiful displays of the Earth with the sunrise-sunset rendered in real-time through a small computer that plugs directly in to your TV via HDMI. The size of your display is only limited by the size of your TV, as you take in the terrestrial movement of the Earth’s orbit in sync with the Sun.
The Geochron Digital Atlas 4K as displays a full-featured Geochron World Clock on any 4K TV, with every mapset and lighting option available in our famous mechanical clock but at a fraction of the cost. Now in the digital format, users can customize markers on the map, and receive (with internet) real time updates. The hardware is a sturdy, fanless mini computer specifically designed for commercial digital displays found in restaurants and airports.
- Global Satellite Weather overlays, including*
- Wind Speed
- Barometric Pressure
- Cloud Cover
- Greyscale options for all mapsets for better Live Layer visibility.
- Lifetime updates for five mapsets.
- Geopolitical with Human Points of Interest
- Geopolitical with Oceanic Points of Interest
- Topographical “A view from space.”
- Ham / Amateur Radio mapset
- Low Resolution (1080) Geopolitical mapset.
- Live location of the International Space Station and over 300 satellites, updated every second.*
- High Speed demonstration mode. One year in 15 seconds!
- Layer Demonstration mode. Automatically cycle through layers at selected time intervals, so your display never looks the same.
- Sixteen Locations Pins with custom text names and local time that you can place anywhere on the map.
- Static Overlays, showing:
- Digital Time Accuracy to within 500 milliseconds*, and on-the-fly time adjustments to local time zones. Simultaneous UTC with Local time readout.
- Automatic Night Dimming by your location.*
- An extensive Help menu with embedded video tutorials explaining every feature of the Geochron Digital Version 2
* with internet connection
Although the algorithms behind the dynamic display are complex, the Geochron Atlas 4K is ready to go out of the box. It’s easy to set up and use with the provided remote control, and – with an internet connection – includes time and date configuration, firmware updates, and map updates.
- Not Included:
- One business day handling.
- USPS Priority Shipping, or UPS
- Please contact us for overseas shipping.
- Internet is necessary for real-time layers.
- 110 to 220v power.
- 4K Display screen is recommended, larger than 28 inches.
- Default USA Plug.
Not every one has £2,000 to £4,000 for the beautiful mechanical Geochrons made since 1964. Many Geochron enthusiasts have waited for years for an affordable option in the digital world, and this is it: everything the mechanical Geochron can do, plus customisable settings, multiple maps, live updates, and as big as you want.
Watch Us Unpack and Install the Atlas 4KOrder your own Geochron Digital 4k Now
Layers over the mapset interact with a dynamic world
We are constantly adding new layers over the beautiful mapsets Geochron is known for. Layer and map updates are free for all Geochron Digital 4k’s, but require an internet connection to download to the computer on command.
05/01/2019: Live weather overlays
10/22/2018: Satellite tracking and trailing vectors
08/15/2018: Local Time shown at Location Pins
06/12/2018: Carbon Monoxide Pollution over Human Geopolitical
Major Air Routes over Oceanic Geopolitical
Major Sea Routes over Topographical
Technical Details and Features
Take a dive into our Four Favorite Features (video link)
Take a deeper dive by watching us unbox and it set it up. (video link)
Six Frequently Asked Questions, like “Why isn’t this an app?“